NATIONAL VALUES EDUCATION
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Elements of Security – Meaning and Elements of Security Primary 3 (Basic 3) Term 1 Week 1 Security Education
TOPIC – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY (INTEGRITY)
2. Meaning and Importance Integration
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of integrity.
2. state the importance of integrity.
3. demonstrate how to show integrity.
The pupils can differentiate between the right and wrong things.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing active security at work.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
MEANING OF SECURITY
Security is the state of being free from all dangers or harms at home, in the school or anywhere you are. That’s, feeling safe at all time.
For example, when you at home with the doors or gate are locked and you feel free, safe and relax.
Insecurity is when you are not feeling safe or free from dangers.
The following are the elements of security – availability, integrity, authenticity confidentiality, protection, etc.
MEANING OF INTEGRITY
Integrity is one the elements of security.
Integrity is doing the right thing.
Sometimes, it is difficult to do what is right especially when no one is looking.
For security purposes, integrity is very important for everyone and all security officers.
Integrity is hard but practice it. The more the practice, the more it becomes easier.
HOW DO WE SHOW INTEGRITY
1. Know the basic rules or laws. For example, don’t steal and lies.
2. Stand tall for yourself.
3. Don’t maltreat one another.
4. Support or help one another.
5. Always report an event the way it happens.
LESSON 2 – IMPORTANCE OF INTEGRITY
1. It promotes peace and order.
2. It builds trust and confident.
3. Anywhere will be safe.
4. It improves the quality of lives.
5. It increases growth and development.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher tells pupils a short story on integrity.
3. Teacher asks pupils to state the moral lesson of the story.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners analyze the importance of doing something right and state the consequences of doing something wrong.
4. Teacher uses the pupil’s relevant responses in activity 3 to introduce the lesson – meaning and Importance of integrity.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners pay attention to the lesson introduction to understand the concept of the lesson.
5. Teacher uses the story to lead pupils to discuss the meaning and importance of integrity.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners participate actively in class discussion to explain meaning and importance of integrity.
5. Teacher guides pupils to state and demonstrate how to Show integrity.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners state and demonstrate how to Show integrity.
6. Teacher organizes a short play on integrity of a man who say the true and the one that doesn’t. Also, the policeman that take bribe and the one that doesn’t.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the drama activities.
7. Summarizes the lessons on the board using appropriate lesson evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners participate actively in the summary of the lesson by responding correctly to the questions and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Elements of Security – Meaning and Importance of Confidentiality | Ways of Ensuring Confidentiality Primary 3 (Basic 3) Term 1 Week 3 Security Education
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of integrity.
2. state and demonstrate 3 ways to show integrity.
3. mention 3 importance of integrity.