Last Updated on September 2, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
PREVIOUS LESSON – Environmental Quality – A Good Quality or Healthy Environments (Primary 5) ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
Lesson One – Meaning of Environmental Quality and Good.
Lesson Two – Advantages of Environmental Quality
Lesson Three – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
1. explain the meaning of environmental quality.
2. identify features of a good environment.
3. identify features of a bad environment
4. state the advantages of a healthy environment.
The quality of an environment is determined by the characteristics of that environment. Environmental quality depends on different features of the natural environment such as air and water purity/pollution, noise, land quality and anything else that affects the physical and mental health of human beings.
Therefore, there is need to care for our environment by practicing good waste disposal, planting trees, keeping the volume of our music player down, etc.
The concept of a good quality or healthy environments will enable the pupils to understand and identify a quality environment and make sure it’s not degraded.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Materials – brooms, rakes, hoes, cut lasses, machetes, baskets.
Pictures of an attractive surrounding.
A good or bad environment is characteristics by a certain futures. The pupils can identify the good features of environmental quality.
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Lagos State Scheme of work
Basic Science and Technology
All Relevant Materials
Relevant method – Environmental Quality – A Good or Poor Quality Environment (Primary 5)
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – Environmental Quality – A Good Quality or Healthy Environment docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – Advantages of Environmental Quality docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – Revision and Test
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. The quality of the environment that people live in will determine how _______ or _______ they will be.
A. good and healthy
B. bad and unhappy
C. healthy and unhealthy
D. unhealthy and bad
2. When an environment has lots of smoke, unclean water, noise etc., we say the quality of the environment is _______.
3. When the environment has clean water, less smoke, less noise, etc., we say the quality of the environment is _______.
4. A good environment is an healthy environment that is _______ for living.
C. less safe
D. bad safe
5. A bad environment is an unhealthy environment that is _______ for living.
C. more safe
D. better safe
6. _______ is an environment that is free of disease by heaps of refuse, pollution, flies and mosquitoes, etc.
A. unhealthy environment
B. healthy environment
C. all of the above
D. None of the above
7. One of theses is not the advantage of a good environment.
A. It makes our environment attractive.
B. It makes people to be at peace and free from noise.
C. It helps keep clean our world.
D. It spread diseases, infections, water borne diseases and pollution.
8. Which of these is the advantages of quality environment.
A. It helps improve the quality our health and living habits.
B. It is unsafe for living.
C. It reduces the quality of life.
D. It makes our world unclean.
9. Which of the following is not the way of maintaining healthy environment?
A. Dumping of refuse anywhere.
B. Disposing our waste properly.
C. Sprinkling water on the floor before sweeping.
D. Cutting grass low in the playing fields and lawns.
10. One of the following is the way of maintaining healthy environment?
A. Leaving the grass to over grown.
B. Disposing waste anywhere.
C. Sweeping the classroom once in a month.
D. Planting flowers
11. It is important for us to take proper care of our environment if we want to live free from illness and diseases.
12. Quality environment is a unhealthy environment.
13. When an environment has lots of smoke, unclean water, noise etc., we say the quality of the environment is good.
14. When environment has clean water, less smoke, less noise, etc., we say the quality of the environment is bad.
15. Healthy environment prevents diseases, infections, water borne diseases and pollution.