THEME – FOOD AND NUTRITION AND HEALTH
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – FOOD
1. Different Kinds of Food in the Locality
2. Food Eaten at Home
3. Reasons for Eating Food
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. name the different kinds of foods in the locality.
2. identify foods eaten at home.
3. mention reason for eating food.
Bread, rice, beans, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Different food items and fruits.
2. A chart on different types of food and fruits in the locality.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Materials
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Pupil’s Activities – Displays different kinds of food items the locality for pupils to identify and state their favourite.
Teacher’s activities – Listen to the pupils and note their points on the board.
DIFFERENT KINDS OF FOOD
1. Yams and eggs
2. Rice and beans
3. Plantain and eggs
4. Amala and vegetable soup
5. Bread and eggs with tea
6. Eba and egusi soup
7. Jollof rice
8. Indomine with eggs, etc.
Teacher’s Activities – Asks pupils to state the reasons why we eat.
REASONS FOR EATING FOOD
We eat food –
1. to growth
2. to get energy
3. for good health.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Display a variety of food found in the locality. Ask pupils to name food items on display.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify variety of food in their locality.
3. Ask pupils to mention the type of food they like.
Pupil’s Activities – State the type of foods and fruits in your homes.
4. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Mention your favourite food.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 2 reasons why we eat.
2. mention 2 types of fruits found in the locality.