ENGLISH STUDIES – STRUCTURE
TOPIC: Passage Dealing with Information and Description
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Read a given passage with maximum understanding.
- Answer questions set on the passage.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of materials from books on government.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PASSAGE DEALING WITH INFORMATION AND DESCRIPTION
Subjects which can be classified as expository –
- Home Economics
GOVERNMENT – GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Selects a passage from any of the subjects.
- Do a model reading of the passage.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher as he/she read the passage.
- Gets pupils to read the passage.
- Pupil’s Activities – Read the passage silently.
- Writes questions on the board.
- Pupil’s Activities – Answer questions set on the passage in writing.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Read the passage correctly.
- Answer questions set on the page.