CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: THE GOODNESS OF GOD
PREVIOUS LESSON – GOD THE HELPER
TOPIC – GOD HELPS THE ISRAELITES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- list some of the ways God helps us.
- give reasons for God’s help to us.
- mention or explain various ways we can respond to God’s help.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of manner sent from heaven, water comes out of the rock, etc.
- Read and understand these Bible passages: Genesis 1:7; Exodus 17:6; Numbers 11:32; 20:7 – 13; 1 Kings 17:1 – 6; and John 6:10 – 13; 7:18 – 24.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – BASIC CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE Hannah Ishola, Peter Oladapo, Victoria Ama and Yvonne Onah.
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Tells the pupils the story of how God helps the Israelites.
- God is our helper. He gives us what we need.
- He made man from dust and put life in him.
- When the people of Israel were suffering in Egypt, God took them away from that place.
- When they were in desert places, He gave them food, water and shelter.
EXAMPLES OF HOW GOD HELPS US
- When we are suffering or in trouble, God saves us. He saved the people of Israel from Egypt when they were suffering there.
- When we fall ill, God heals us.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses with the pupils how God helps the Israelites.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen and discuss with the class how God helps the Israelites.
- Discusses the response of Israelite to God’s help.
- Pupil’s Activities – State the responses of Israelites to God’s help.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – God help the Israelites.
1. The water God gave the people of Israel in the desert came from a ___________
2.Part of the ways we should respond to God’s help is by ___________
B. clapping our hands.
C. obeying Him.