Last Updated on November 8, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CLOTHING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Clothes and Care of Clothes (Primary 3)
TOPIC – MATERIALS FOR WASHING CLOTHES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Materials Needed for Caring for Clothes
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
enumerate the materials used for caring for clothes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Different clothes made from different fabrics.
2. Laundry materials e.g. soap. Water basin, detergent, etc.
3. Electric iron, charcoal iron.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart or sample of materials used for washing clothes for the pupils to identify.
Pupil’s Activities – Soap, detergent, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Listen and note the pupil’s points on the board and give a cheer for the for respond to questions.
MATERIALS FOR CARING FOR CLOTHES
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays sample or chart showing Washing materials.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify clothes washing materials.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state 4 clothes washing materials.