RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Avoiding Criminal Behaviours (Primary 3)
TOPIC – ELEMENTS OF CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS
1. Meaning of Anti – Social Behaviours
2. Examples of Anti – Social Behaviours
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
describe anti – social behaviour in the society.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing list of anti – social behaviour
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks pupils to describe the activities of area boys like omo onile, street gangs, unions, etc.
Pupil’s Activities –
Teacher’s remarks – Listen to the pupils describing the activities of area boys.
Teacher’s Activities – The activities of these people you described are known as anti – social behaviours. Their behaviours post threat to basic rights of people.
MEANING OF ANTI – SOCIAL BEHAVIOURS
Anti – Social Behaviours are unacceptable behaviour that harm the well-being of other people.
These kind of behaviours violate the fundamental human rights of other people.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to identify and describe the concepts of anti – social behaviours.
Pupil’s Activities – Describes the concepts of anti – social behaviours.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Drama on the activities of area boys.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. describe anti – social behaviour in the society.
2. give 5 examples of anti – social behaviour in the society.