Meaning/Definition of Collage | Materials for Collage Making | Methods/Steps for Collage Making JSS 1 – Cultural and Creative Arts
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS 1)
PREVIOUS LESSON – ARTS AND CRAFTS
TOPIC – COLLAGE PRODUCTION
2. Meaning/Definition of Collage
3. Materials for Collage Production
4. Methods/Steps for Collage Production
By the end of the lesson, most of the students should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of collage making.
2. identify materials for collage.
3. describe the method of making collage.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Coloured Magazines scissors
2. Paper gum
3. Cardboard, Drawing books, Pencils.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. National Curriculum for SSS Classes
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING/DEFINITION OF COLLAGE
Collage is an art work made by putting together pieces of different materials to a flat surface to form a shape.
MATERIALS FOR COLLAGE MAKING
1. Coloured magazines
6. Drawing book
METHODS/STEPS IN MAKING PAPER COLLAGES
The following steps are required for making collage –
1. Decide what you want to collage.
2. Find your inspiration.
3. Sort your materials.
4. Plan your collage.
5. Start collaging by gluing together.
MAKING OF COLLAGE PAPER OR PICTURE COLLEGES
Guides and allows students to make paper or picture collages.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, the teacher –
2. Explains the meaning of collage.
Student’s Activities – Listen to the explanation of collage.
3. Mentions materials for collage.
Student’s Activities – Identify materials for collage making.
4. Demonstrates method of producing collage.
Student’s Activities – Make collages.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Student’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask students to:
1. state the meaning of collage.
2. list materials for making collage.
3. produce a collage work.