CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS 1)
THEME: TEAM WORK AND SENSE OF BELONGING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – TEAM WORK AND SENSE OF BELONGINGS
2. Meaning/Definition of Teamwork and Sense of Belongings
3. Examples of Teamwork and Sense of Belongings
4. Importance of Teamwork and Sense of Belongings
5. How to Achieve Teamwork
By the end of the lesson, most of the students should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of team work.
2. state the importance of team work.
3. explain the meaning of sense of belonging.
4. state how to achieve sense of belonging in the society.
The students worked as a team in the school’s work, project, etc. They are also feel sense of belongings to a particular school, family, team, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing –
1. Members of a community.
2. Young people working as a group.
3 People of different tribes hugging themselves.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. National Curriculum for SSS Classes
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF TEAM WORK
Teamwork can be defined as working together with one another.
Also, it means working together or cooperating with other people to achieve the set goals/objectives.
IMPORTANCE OF TEAM WORK
1. Teamwork builds self confidence
2. Teamwork builds trust
3. Teamwork saves time
4. Teamwork enables us to learn new things
5. Teamwork promotes and improves communication
6. Teamwork enables us to achieve more.
HOW TO ACHIEVE TEAMWORK
1. Make teamwork a priority.
2. Set clear goals.
3. Communicate with each other.
4. Celebrate differences/diversity.
5. Reward teamwork.
MEANING OF SENSE OF BELONGINGS
Sense of belongings is the feeling of been an important member of an entity.
This is when people feels connected to other peoples at home, school or community.
That’s, knowing where and with whom you belong. For examples,
IMPORTANCE OF SENSE OF BELONGINGS
1. It improves quality of life.
2. It make us feel secure and protected.
3. We are not alone.
4. We have all necessary support and assistance.
5. Growth and development are
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, the teacher –
2. Explains the following:
- how to achieve sense of belonging.
Student’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
3. Leads group of students to dramatize how to achieve team work and sense of belonging.
Student’s Activities – Leads group of students to dramatize how to achieve team work and sense of belonging.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Student’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask students to:
1. state the importance of team work.
2. mention three benefits of team work.
3. discuss how to achieve teamwork and sense of belongings.