BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Parts of Common ICT Devices Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – PRINTER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Printer
3. Uses of Printer
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify and describe a printer.
Functional Computer System
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Functional computer system with printer.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display a functional computer system with a printer and guide the pupils to print a document or image from the computer system and describe printer.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation in the activities and description.
Teacher’s remark – Printer is device that allows a user to print items on paper. Give a great for active participation. Continue the lesson discuss on the uses of printer.
On board, copy as I write.
MEANING OF PRINTER
Printer is a device that allows a user to print items on paper, such as letters and pictures.
USES OF PRINTER
1. It is used for printing a text.
2. It is used for printing images or photos.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to operate printer machine and describe.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain what printer is.
3. Discuss the uses of printer.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. identify and describe a printer.
2. state 2 uses of a printer.
3. print a document or image.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. _______________ is a device that allows a user to print items on paper.
2. A computer printer can print documents or images on _______________.
3. Which of these a printer can print?
4. A printer can also print from _______________.
5. What is a printer?