BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – MEASURING TIME
Lesson One – Units of Time
Lesson Two – Measuring Time
Lesson Three – Different Tools used for Measuring Time
Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
1. devise ways to measure time;
2. state the standard unit for measuring time;
3. name the instrument for measuring time;
4. use standard instruments to measure time;
5. construct and use simple time devices.
We use time to order events in the past, present and future. We also use it to make comparisons and measure the speed at which things move. If you wanted to measure time you could use a watch, clock, hourglass or even a sundial. There are 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour and 24 hours in a day.
The concept of measuring time will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the importance of time in our daily life.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. A chart showing some time measuring devices.
2. A chart on the standard units for measuring time.
3. Stop watches
4. Empty bottles
6. Shoes with laces,
7. Plastic funnels and dry sieved sand
There are 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour and 24 hours in a day. Time is very important. The pupils are always conscious of time so that they won’t be late to school.
1. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
2. Lagos State Scheme of work
3. Basic Science and Technology
4. All Relevant Materials
5. Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – Units of Time docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – Measuring Time docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 –