THEME – PROTECTION ISSUES IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Damages caused by Farmer’s Enemies – Rodents, Birds and Crabs Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Agriculture
TOPIC – FARMER’S ENEMIES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Ways of Controlling Farmer’s Enemies
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify rats, squirrels, grass cutters, birds and crabs as farmers enemies.
2. State the damages caused by the animals.
3. List methods of controlling them.
The pupils can identify trap, catapult, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts or posters of squirrels, rats, grass cutter, birds, crabs, etc.
2. Sample or chart showing catapult, trap, plastic container, air tight cover.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays sample or charts showing trap, catapult, etc. for the pupils to identify and state the uses.
Pupil’s Activities – This is trap. It is used for catching rats.
Teacher’s remarks – Correct. Trap, catapult, etc. are used to control farmer’s enemies.
METHODS OF CONTROLLING FARMER’S ENEMIES
1. Shooting using gun and bow.
2. Trapping using cage.
3. Scare – crow
5. Proper storage
DRAW AND LABEL FARMER’S ENEMIES
Guide the pupils to draw and colour rat, bird and crap.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses control method of farmer’s enemies.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Draws and labels rodent, bird and crab.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to mention 3 methods of controlling farmer’s enemies.
Weekly Assessment (Test)
1. __________ can be used to catch farmer’s enemies death or alive.
2. __________ can be used to kill farmer’s enemies by shooting.
3. If farmer’s enemies eat poison, they will __________.
4. __________ is used to scare farmer’s enemies away.
5. Trap, catapult, gun, poison, etc. are used for __________.
A. controlling farmer’s enemies
B. scaring farmer’s enemies
C. protecting farmer’s enemies