Non – Verbal Communication Nursery 1 (Age 3) – Number Work
NURSERY 1 – AGE 3
THEME – NUMBER WORK
PREVIOUS LESSON – Verbal Communication Nursery 1 (Age 3) – Number Work
TOPIC – VERBAL COMMUNICATION
1. Introductory Activities
2. Non – Verbal Communication
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – response to teacher’s non – verbal communication.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Use the following to communicate with the children –
1. Snap fingers
3. Eyes contact
5. Stop, come, turn around sings
6. Angry, smiling, surprise, etc.
LESSON 2 – ACTIVITY 2
Pupils using non verbal communication for one another.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses snapping of fingers, nodding, eyes contact, beckoning, etc. to communicate with the children.
Pupil’s Activities – Response to teacher’s non – verbal communication.
3. Guides pupils to use non verbal communication among one another.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s instructions to demonstrate non verbal communication.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Songs and Rhymes on Numbers 1 – 5 (Nursery 1 – Age 3)
Ask pupils to response your non – verbal communication.