Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – USES OF SEESAW AND SWING
TOPIC – USES OF CAN AND BOTTLE OPENERS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify a can/bottle opener.
- state the uses of a can/bottle opener.
Can and Bottle Opener
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Real object of can /bottle opener
- Soft drinks.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – CAN AND BOTTLE OPENERS
USES OF CAN AND BOTTLE OPENERS – Both are used for opening can or bottle.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads the pupils to identify can/bottle opener.
- Guides them to open the bottle top of a soft drink using an opener.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify a can/bottle opener.
- Uses a can/bottle opener to open a bottle drink.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to states the uses of the following –
- can opener
- bottle opener.