Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – MICROSOFT PAINT
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – SAVING AND PRINT DRAWINGS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to save and print drawings.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. A functional computer system with Paint Artist software (or Corel Draw) installed.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
SAVING YOUR DRAWING
It is important to save a copy of your work on the computer –
Choose File -> Save.
Type a name for your drawing (e.g. My First Drawing in MS paint).
PRINTING YOUR DRAWING
To print your work, the drawing must be open.
Ensure that a printer is attached to your computer.
Choose File -> Print.
You can also specify the number of copies you want.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to saving and print drawings.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s guidelines to save and print drawings
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next-door Lesson – Revision (Week 11) and Second Term Examination
Pupils to save and print a drawing.