Preventive Measures of Common Crime l – Crime Free Society Primary 3 (Basic 3) Term 2 Week 9 Security Education
NATIONAL VALUES EDUCATION
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Common Criminal Behaviours – Meaning and Causes of Examination Malpractices Primary 3 (Basic 3) Term 2 Week 8 Security Education
TOPIC – CRIME FREE SOCIETY
2. Meaning of Crime Free Society
3. How to Prevent Common Crime in Our Society
4. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of crime free society.
2. state how to prevent crime in their society.
3. discuss some of the ways to prevent crime in their society.
The pupils can state how to avoid society.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing security gadgets.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
A crime is an illegal act or an offence for which a person can be punished by the authority. A criminal is the person who commits a crime.
Examples of crime are as follows – Falsehood, Theft, Rape, Murder, Advance free fraud (419), Sales of contaminated food, Dealing in fake hard drugs, etc.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES OF COMMON CRIMES
Crime free society is a society that is free from crime.
The necessary steps taken to prevent crimes in our society or make of society crime free are known as preventive measures of crimes such as –
1. Get to know your neighbors.
2. Start a neighborhood watch.
3. Stop and search all the visitors..
4. Encourage or support the youth.
5. Increase the number of cameras around your home.
6. Keep your neighborhood clean.
7. Push local politicians to do more.
8. Get to know your local police department.
9. Report suspicious activity when you see it.
10. Employ the service of local security – vigilant.
11. Create a membership identity card.
12. Think fast and act fast.
LESSON 2 – REVISION OF LESSON 1
LESSON 3 – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher organize the pupils in groups depending on the size of the class.
3. Teacher asks pupils to state ways to avoid crime in their society.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils recall and state ways to avoid criminal behaviors in their society.
4. Teacher uses the pupil’s relevant responses to introduce the lesson and leads a class on crime free society.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils pay attention to the lesson introduction and explain the meaning of crime free society.
5. Teacher guides the pupils to state and discuss how to prevent crime in their society.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils identify and discuss ways of preventing crime crimes and analyze the importance of preventing crime in their society.
6. Teacher summarizes the lesson on the board using appropriate lesson evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils participate actively in summary summary by responding correctly to most of the questions and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Preventive Measures of Common Crimes II – Create and Implement Policy that helps Monitor a National Security Primary 3 (Basic 3) Term 2 Week 10 Security Education
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of crime free society.
2. state 5 ways to prevent crime in their society.
3. discuss 3 ways to prevent crime in their society.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. _________ is an illegal act or an offence for which a person can be punished by the authority.
2. A criminal is the person who _________.
A. gives support
B. helps people
C. commits crime
3. _________ behaviours are unacceptable behaviors in any community.
4. Unlawful means _________.
B. according to the law
C. by law
5. The effects are not just on the offenders but on everyone in the society.
6. An offender is not a criminal.
7. Criminal behaviours can lead to _________.
B. life sentence
C. death sentence
8. _________ means a society that free from crimes.
A. Crime free society
B. Society full of crime
C. Crime present society
9. Criminal are punish by _________.
10. Who is a criminal?
A. The person who supports other people.
B. The person who says what is true.
C. The person who commits crime.