THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Heathy Living – Parts of the Body (Primary 3)
TOPIC – GROOMING AND CARE OF THE BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Reasons for Daily Care of the Body
3. Materials Used for the Care of the Body
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain how to wash their body with soap.
2. identify different materials for caring for the body.
3. explain ways of maintaining body hygiene.
4. state four reasons for daily care of the body.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. A labeled diagram of the body.
2. Soap, towel, sponge, water.
3. Traditional and modern cosmetics.
4. Dirty and lean wears.
5. Labeled washing material.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Ask the pupils,
- why do we take care of the body?
- Guide them to mention the materials used for taking care of the body.
Pupil’s Activities – State reasons why we take care of the body and materials used for the care of the body.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils, give a cheer for respond to questions and further discuss Reasons for Daily Care of the Body and Materials used for the Care of the Body.
REASONS FOR DAILY CARE OF THE BODY
The following are the reasons for daily care of the body –
1. To remove dirt from the body – sweat, dust, sand, etc.
2. To make the body clean.
3. To look good and beautiful.
4. To maintain beautiful skin.
5. To prevent body odour.
6. To stay healthy.
7. To prevent skin diseases.
MATERIALS USED FOR THE CARE OF THE BODY AND THEIR USES
- It is used bathing the body.
- It is used for scrubbing the body.
- It is used for cleaning the washed dirt from the body.
4. Hair brush/comb
- It is used for removing dirt from the hair and make it neat.
5. Body and hair creams
- It is used for rubbing the body.
- It is used for removing the water from the body.
7. Face powder, etc.
- It is used for face beautification.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to discuss the reasons for daily care of the body.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
3. Bring all materials for bathing to show pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify bathing materials and their uses.
4. Put a labeled diagram of bathing materials on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw and labeled bathing materials.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. say how to wash their body.
2. name of materials for the cleaning the body.
3. give 2 reasons for daily care of the body.
5. identify clean pupils.