THEME – HEALTHY LIVING – GROOMING AND CARE OF THE BODY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Home Economics (Primary 2)
TOPIC – PARTS OF THE BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Parts of the Body
3. Maintaining Body Hygiene
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify different parts of the body.
2. explain ways of maintaining body hygiene.
Parts of the Body
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
A labeled diagram of the body.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Leads the pupils to identify each of their body from the head to toes. For example, touch your head, head is part of the body is called ____________, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Respond to the teacher’s questions by touching the part of the body called by the teacher and relate is as part of the body.
Teacher’s remark – A cheer for quick respond and write parts of the body on the board and discuss and write on the board, how to maintain the body.
PARTS OF THE BODY
7. Fingers, etc.
HOW TO MAINTAIN BODY HYGIENE
Body hygiene is the complete cleanliness of the body. That’s, free from dirt and any other body infections.
Good body hygiene habits are –
1. Take a bath regularly.
2. Use clean towel after bath.
3. Wash your clothes and towel regularly.
4. Wash your after toilet.
5. Wear clean clothes.
6. Take a bath after work or play.
7. Eat good food.
8. Always take good fruits.
9. Drink enough water.
10. Exercise your body.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays charts of parts of the body labeled.
Pupil’s Activities – Touch different parts of their own body.
3. Discuss how to maintain body hygiene.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify parts of the body.
2. state how to maintain body hygiene.