THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Care of the Hands and Feet (Primary 1)
TOPIC – THE BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Reasons for Keeping Hands and Feet
3. When to Wash the Hands and Feet?
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. understand the reasons for keeping hands and feet clean.
2. state the reasons for keeping hands and feet clean.
Parts of the Hands and Feet
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Illustrative chart or picture of body care.
2. Body care materials such as towels, brush, sponge, comb, body cream, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Lead the pupils to identify each part of the hands and feet and discuss with them, the reasons for care for each part.
Pupil’s Activities – identify each part of their hands and feet and participate in the discussion.
Teacher’s remark – Give the pupils a great cheer for active participation and consider much of their points.
REASONS FOR KEEPING HANDS AND FEET CLEAN
The following are the reasons for keeping our hands a d feet clean –
1. To avoid germs and diseases.
2. To prevent dirt under the nails.
3. To keep the hands and feet clean.
WHEN TO WASH THE HANDS AND FEET?
1. After visiting the toilet.
2. After working in the garden.
3. Before and after meals.
4. After using or working chemical products.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils identify parts of the hands and feet and discuss how to care for them.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Identify each of the hands and feet.
- State the care of the hands and feet.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Discussion on when to wash the hands and feet.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state 2 reasons for keeping the hands and feet clean.
Mention time to wash the hands and feet. State 3.