RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – OUR COMMUNITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Duties of A Community Leader (Primary 2)
TOPIC – LEADER IN OUR COMMUNITY
How to Appreciate and Reward the Community Leaders
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
show how to appreciate and reward community leaders.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Monuments created in honour of some community leaders.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A community leader is a person who guides and directs the affair of the people in his/her community.
REWARDS OF COMMUNITY LEADERS
There are many ways to reward community leaders. The leaders can be rewarded by –
1. Give them a prize, award and gifts.
2. Paying them a special visit.
3. Cooperating with the community leader.
4. Support their good works.
5. Recognizing their works and efforts.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to discuss how to appreciate and reward them.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
mention 5 ways to appreciate and reward community leaders.