Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Community Leaders in Nigerian Traditional Settings (Primary 2)
TOPIC: LEADER IN OUR COMMUNITY
Duties of A Community Leader
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention duties of community leaders.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Drama of different communities
Members of the class
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Online Information – Other Duties of A Community Leader (Primary 2)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A community leader is a person who guides and directs the affair of the people in his/her community.
DUTIES OF A COMMUNITY LEADER
1. A community leader settles disputes.
2. A community leader makes sure the community is safe.
3. A community leader serve as a link between government and the community.
4. A community leader ensures community development.
5. A community leader trains the young ones.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. States the roles of community leaders.
Pupil’s Activities – List the roles of community leaders.
3. Explain each responsibility and how to carry it out.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to explanation and ask questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
mention 5 duties of a community leader.