Data Collection (Primary 1 and Primary 2)
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
WEEK 10/PRIMARY 1
WEEK 11/PRIMARY 2
TOPIC: Data Collection
- Lesson One – Data Collection I – Number of Pupils in a Class
- Lesson Two – Data Collection II – Number of Boys and Girls in a Class
- Lesson Three – Interpret Pictogram I
- Lesson Four – Interpret Pictogram II
- Lesson Five – Revision, Quantitative and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- collect data on their sex/birth/class at home and school.
- interpret data on pictogram.
Data – a collection of facts (numbers, words, measurements, observations, etc) that can be used for important decisions. Before sharing things among pupils in a class, we need to know the number of pupils that particular class. Sometimes, sharing could be based on age, sex, choice or interest.
In this lesson, the concept of data collection will enable pupils to understand and appreciate the importance of data collection in making certain decisions.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pupils themselves.
- Cards written ages.
- Wall rule, etc.
Each of the pupils belong to a particular family. They understand the concept of family. Family is a group of people living together, mainly father, mother and their children. The pupils can make a count of every member of their family.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
Share and like our Facebook page or Twitter.
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – DATA COLLECTION – NUMBER OF PUPILS IN A CLASS docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – DATA COLLECTION – NUMBER OF BOYS AND GIRLS IN A CLASS docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – INTERPRETATION OF PICTOGRAM I docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – INTERPRETATION OF PICTOGRAM II docx
- REVISION, QUANTITATIVE AND TEST