BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
- Lesson One – Meaning of Environmental Quality and Good.
- Lesson Two – Advantages of Environmental Quality
- Lesson Three – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- explain the meaning of environmental quality.
- Identify features of a good environment.
- Identify features of a bad environment
- state the advantages of a healthy environment.
The quality of an environment is determined by the characteristics of that environment. Environmental quality depends on different features of the natural environment such as air and water purity/pollution, noise, land quality and anything else that affects the physical and mental health of human beings.
Therefore, there is need to care for our environment by practicing good waste disposal, planting trees, keeping the volume of our music player down, etc.
The concept of a good quality or healthy environments will enable the pupils to understand and identify a quality environment and make sure it’s not degraded.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Potted plants
- Materials – brooms, rakes, hoes, cut lasses, machetes, baskets.
- Pictures of an attractive surrounding.
A good or bad environment is characteristics by a certain futures. The pupils can identify the good features of environmental quality.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – Environmental Quality – A Good Quality or Healthy Environments docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – Advantages of A Good Quality or Healthy Environments docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – Revision and Test
Was this lessons helpful?