BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – ICT Devices – Uses of Organizer Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – USES OF ICT DEVICES – FAX MACHINE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Fax Machine
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state uses of common ICT devices – Fax Machine.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing Fax Machine.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Get a fax machine, if available. Guide pupils to operate fax machine and discuss or display chart showing Fax Machine device for discussion.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the activities or discussion.
Teacher’s remark – A fax machine is a device that used to send and receive printed documents or images.
On board, copy as I write.
USES OF FAX MACHINES
A fax machine is a device that used to send and receive printed documents or images.
It can be done electronically over a telephone network.
It is used for –
1. sending and receiving of printed documents or images.
2. effective communication.
3. copying other people.
LESSON 2 – PRACTICAL USE OF FAX MACHINE
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – If available, guide pupils to operate fax machine.
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides and ask pupils state the uses of fax machine.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of fax machine.
3. Guides pupils to operate fax machine, if available.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s instructions to operate fax machine.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. explain what is fax machine.
state 3 uses of fax machine.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. _______________ is a device that used to send and receive printed documents or images.
A. Fax machine
B. Printer machine
C. Photocopy machine
2. Fax machine only work _______________ over telephone networks.
3. Fax machine _______________ and _______________ printed documents or images.
A. receives and sends
B. sends and receives
C. receiving and sending
4. Fax machine supports businesses for effective _______________.
5. Fax machine is used to copying _______________.