SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – ORDERING OF EQUIVALENT FRACTIONS
- Lesson One – Introduction to Equivalent Fractions
- Lesson Two – Equivalent Fractions
- Lesson Three – Ordering of Fractions
- Revision and Weekly Assessment
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- obtain equivalent fractions of a given fraction.
- ordering pairs of fractions.
- solve quantitative reasoning on equivalent fractions.
Fractions really are everywhere! Every time we cut an apple, an orange, or any kind of fruit, we are taking a piece of the whole. We can represent those pieces as fractions. Fractions are part of a whole. That’s part of something bigger. Fractions have two numbers, a numerator (the part) and a denominator (the whole). Equivalent Fractions are equal in value. They represent the same amount of the whole.
The concept of ordering equivalent fractions will enable the pupils understand fraction of the same value.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Paper cuttings of different shapes.
- Fraction charts
- Flow chart of quantitative reasoning.
- Flash cards
Sharing among members of the family is a part of daily activities. Sometimes, they equally or given part of their thing to friends or family.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT