SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC: Circle – Identification of Parts of Circle
- Lesson Two – Chord, Minor and Major Segment
- Lesson Three – Arc and Sector – Minor and Major
- Lesson Four – Lesson Evaluation
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Identify parts of a circle.
- solve quantitative aptitude problems on circle.
- identify and determine a radius on the diameter of the circumference of a circle.
A circle is a simple closed shape. Some examples of circles in real life are camera lenses, pizzas, tires, Ferris wheels, rings, steering wheels, cakes, pies, buttons and a satellite’s orbit around the Earth. Circles are simply closed curves equidistant from a fixed center. Circles and their various properties, such as the radius, diameter, circumference, etc., have applications in real life.
In this lesson, the pupils will understand different parts of a circle and appreciate its applications in life.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Strips of cards
- Sample of a given circle, etc.
A round or circular objects are important part of life. These objects are ball, plates, pots, fans, cylinders, etc. The pupils can identify many circulars objects.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES