Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – ROMAN NUMERALS – I TO C
- Lesson One – Introduction to Roman Numerals
- Lesson Two – Roman – I – L
- Lesson Three – Roman Numerals LI to C
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- count and write Roman numerals from 1 to 100, i.e. from I to X.
- write Roman numerals correctly.
- re-write Arabic numbers in Roman numerals and vice-versa.
Roman Numerals is a different way of writing numbers. It is a secret code develop by the Romans. The numbers make used of alphabetical letters – I, V, X, L, C, D and M. These major numbers are put together to form all numbers in Roman numbers. For example, I = 1, II =2, III = 3. Roman Numerals is also called Roman Figures. The numbers are used for coding, design and numbering.
In this lesson, the pupils will be learning a new way of writing numbers and appreciate different uses of Roman Numerals.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Roman Numerals from I to C.
The pupils can read and identify alphabetical letters from A – Z. This is be easy for them to learn Roman Numerals.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION AND TEST