RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THIRD TERM/WEEK 3 – PRIMARY 1
FIRST TERM/WEEK 3 – PRIMARY 2
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Source of Dangers – Road Accidents (Primary 1)
TOPIC – SOURCE OF DANGERS AND INSECURITY
1. Meaning of Security
2. Source of Dangers – Fire Outbreak
3. How to Prevent Fire Outbreak
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of security.
2. identify causes of fire outbreak.
The pupils know the consequences of playing with fire.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of textbooks, pictures on road accidents and fire outbreaks.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Fire outbreak is one of the source of dangers and insecurity.
MEANING OF FIRE OUTBREAK
Fire outbreak is a sudden increase of fire.
If fire outbreak is not properly control, it can destroy life and prosperity.
CAUSES OF FIRE OUTBREAK
1. Careless use of candle.
2. Bad house wiring.
3. The use of wrong or fake house equipment.
4. Faulty home appliances.
5. Careless use of gas cooker and container.
6. Falling while cooking.
7. Fire accidents.
8. Explosion of gas cylinder or tanker.
9. Use of cell phones at the filling or gas station.
10. Smoking, etc.
LESSON 2 – HOW TO PREVENT FIRE OUTBREAK?
1. Do not play with fire.
2. Do not smoke.
3. Good electrical wiring.
4. Repair faulty electrical appliances.
5. Buy good home and electrical appliances.
6. Connect gas cooker and cylinder properly.
7. Make use of original cylinder.
8. Do not use cell phone at the filling or gas station.
9. Don’t play in the kitchen.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart showing fire burning a house, car, etc.
3. Lets pupils read and interpret the chart.
4. Uses their interpretation to introduce and explain the meaning of fire outbreak.
5. Leads a discussion on the causes and how it can be controlled
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion.
6. Directs the role playing on fire outbreak.
Pupil’s Activities – Dramatize fire outbreak.
7. Summarizes each lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
NEXT LESSON – Source of Dangers – Relationship with Strangers (Primary 1)
Ask pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of fire outbreak.
2. give 5 causes of fire outbreak.
3. state 3 ways of preventing fire outbreak.