CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: PAUL THE APOSTLE
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Epistles of Paul I – Paul’s Letters and Reasons for Paul’s Letters (Primary 6)
TOPIC: THE LETTER OF St. PAUL – EPISTLES
The Epistle are the 13 letters of St. Paul.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
list the letters of (Epistles) of St. Paul.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Map of Europe indicating areas Paul visited.
Charts continuing the names of the letters.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Living as God’s Children Book 6
All Relevant Material
Related posts – Paul’s early life, Paul’s conversion, Paul’s missionary I and Paul’s missionary II. Paul in Europe I. the epistles of Paul I, the epistles of Paul II
Scheme of work – first term – second term – third term
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
THE EPISTLES OF PAUL
Epistles mean letters. The Epistles of Paul are the lesson written by Paul to church and believers in Christ.
NAMES OF SOME LETTERS – EPISTLES
There are 14 letters altogether written by Paul. Each Epistle was named according to the place where Church was located and after people the letters were addressed. The Epistles are –
2. 1 Corinthians
3. 2 Corinthians
8. 1 Thessalonians
9. 2 Thessalonians
10. 1 Timothy
11. 2 Timothy
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lists some of the letters of St. Paul;
Pupil’s Activities – List and Copy names of Paul’s letters.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to attempt all the questions.
WORK BOOK (WEEKLY ASSESSMENT)
1. Another word for Epistle is __________________.
2. All letters written by Paul are called __________________.
A. Epistles of God
B. Epistles of John
C. Epistles of Paul
3. The Epistles of Paul are for __________________ and __________________.
A. School and pupils
B. Church and believers
C. Synagogue and people
4. There are __________________ Epistles of Paul.
C. Thirteen hundreds
5. Which of the following have to Epistles?
A. Thessalonians, Corinthians and Timothy
B. Corinthians, Thessalonians and Titus
C. Corinthians, Titus and Timothy
6. The first and last letters of Paul’s Epistles are __________________ and __________________.
A. First Corinthians and Second Timothy
B. Romans and Hebrews
C. Hebrews and Romans
7. Galatians is before and after __________________.
A. Before Revelation and after Genesis
B. Before New and Old Testament
C. Before Epistles and after 2 Corinthians
8. The Epistles of Paul are in the __________________.
A. Old Testament
B. New Testament
9. The Epistles of Paul are in the __________________.
10. Why did Paul write these letters?
A. To correct
B. To warn
C. To instruct
List the first 5 Epistles of Paul.
List the last 5 Epistles of Paul.