CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: THE GOODNESS OF GOD
PREVIOUS LESSON – WHY GOD CREATED HUMAN BEINGS
TOPIC – THINGS THAT GOD CREATED
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to list three things God created.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of people, rocks, trees, rivers, animals, the children themselves and other things found in the passage.
- Clay to mould object.
- Cardboards to draw pictures.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
THINGS GOD CREATED – Genesis 1:1-27
1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
God created –
- The Sun
- The Moon
- The Stars
- The Plants
- The Animals and
- Human beings, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guide pupils to identify things created by God.
- Pupil’s Activities – The move to see the Sun, Sky, Plant, Animals, etc. Participate in mentioning and touching some of God’s creatures.
- Pupil’s Activities – Recite Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Things Made by Man
Pupils to draw two creatures of God e.g. plant and animal.