RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Examples of Violence Offenses (Primary 3)
TOPIC – ROAD ACCIDENTS
1. Meaning of Road Accidents
2. Ways of Reducing Road Accidents
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of security.
2. ways of reducing road accidents.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Textbooks, pictures on road accidents and fire outbreaks.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Accident is an unplanned or unexpected events which cause injury or damage of lives and property.
SOLUTION TO ROAD ACCIDENTS
1. Construction of good roads.
2. Drive carefully.
3. Consider other road users.
4. Check and repair your vehicle regularly.
5. Do not drink before or while driving.
6. If you drink, don’t drive.
7. Obey traffic rules.
8. Enforcement of traffic rules.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to explain the meaning of road accidents.
Pupil’s Activities – Contribute ideas to the meaning of road accidents.
3. Guides and asks pupils to state the solutions to road accidents.
Pupil’s Activities – State the solutions to road accidents.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of road accidents.
3. give 3 solutions to road accident.