Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
PREVIOUS LESSON – COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
TOPIC – COMMUNALISM
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to explain how to promote the spirit of communalism.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pupil’s textbooks
- Charts and pictures of traditional rulers
- Resources person
- Other traditional objects, etc.
- Newspaper cuttings
- Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF COMMUNALISM
Communalism is a situation when a particular community is loyal and committed to the interests of one’s own minority group or religious rather than to society as a whole.
CHARACTERISTICS OF COMMUNALISM/HOW TO PROMOTE THE SPIRIT OF COMMUNALISM
- Fair play
- Sharing dialogue, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Assists pupils to demonstrate ways to promote the spirit of communalism;
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in demonstrating ways to promote the spirit of communalism.
Click to Download… Communalism
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Pupils to explain how to promote the spirit of communality.