Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – MENTAL AND SOCIAL ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – UNDERSTANDING ONE’S SELF AND ONE’S Abilities (Primary 6)
TOPIC: BENEFITS OF HAVING A GOOD FRIENDS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. List benefits of having a good friends
2. Explain social interaction and inter – independence.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of pupils at play
2. Film shows
3. Video clips
4. Flip chart
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
BENEFITS OF HAVING GOOD FRIENDS
The followings are the benefits of having good friends –
1. Social interaction
2. Inter – independence
3. Joy and happiness
4. Peace of mind
9. Being mentally healthy
10. Emotional stability
Social interaction is a relationship between two or people. Social institutions include – family, team, societies, religion, etc. Social interaction creates peace, love, cooperation and happiness.
INTER – INDEPENDENCE
Inter – independence is the help and support we get from one another. We all have a gift, ability, will power, etc. that are completely different or similar to other. The combination of all these individuality makes our world a better place.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads discussion on benefits of having a good friends.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in mentioning how to make a good friends.
3. Explains social interaction and inter – independence.
Pupil’s Activities – Differentiate between social interaction and inter – independence.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – environmental health.
1. State 3 benefits of having a good friends.
2. List 3 ways by which you can interact with people.