Last Updated on January 10, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Safe Use of Simple Machines at Home and in the School | Danger of Careless Use of Simple Machines Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – STORAGE OF SIMPLE MACHINES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Household and Other Simple Machines
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. label simple machines.
2. store collection of simple machines in the sciences corner.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Different containers or bags
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Assists pupils to label and store their collections of simple machines in the science corner, if available. Further discuss the storage of household and other simple Machines.
STORAGE OF SIMPLE MACHINES
Storage – In the kitchen cabinet, basket, container or on the dining table.
2. Plates and cups
Storage – Plastic rack, dishware or glassware.
3. Mortar and pestle
Storage – In the store or kitchen.
4. Cutlass, hoe, axe, wheelbarrow, etc.
Storage – Store or farm warehouse.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Assists pupils to label and store their collections of simple machines in the science corner.
Pupil’s Activities – Collect and store simple machine in the science corner.
3. Discuss storage of household and other simple machines.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation in the discussion.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to collect and store simple machines in the school.