Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: JESUS GUIDES US BY HIS SPIRIT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Jesus Guides Us by His Spirit and Evidence of the Guidelines of the Holy Spirit (Primary 4)
TOPIC – THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. The Gift of Holy Spirit
2. The Holy of Holy Spirit
3. The Fruits of Holy Spirit
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list some of the things Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would do.
2. identify the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of Christians.
3. state the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
Story in the Bible
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
Monday (12:40 AM – 01:20 PM)
Friday (10:20 AM – 11:00 AM)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God that guides the Apostles in their work. He guides the priests, Christian parents and children to be good parents and children.
THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Reading – 1 Corinthians 12 : 8 – 10
In the Bible verses, we notice the following gifts of the Holy Spirit:
1. Word of wisdom
2. Word of knowledge
4. Gifts of healings
7. Distinguishing between spirits
9. Interpretation of tongues
LESSON TWO – THE ROLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN GUIDING THE CHRISTIAN
The Holy Spirit enables us to:
1. Fellowship with one another.
2. Love one another.
3. Preach the word of God.
4. Stay away from sins.
5. Not to join hands in doing evil.
7. Get revelation from God.
8. Prophecy according to the revelation.
9. Pursue excellent
10. Pray without season.
THE FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Reading – Galatians 5 : 22 – 23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is –
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to reading the reference verse to identify:
- The roles of Holy Spirit.
- The fruits of Holy Spirit.
Pupil’s Activities – Reading different Bible reference verses.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 5 gift of Holy Spirit.
2. mention 5 roles of Holy Spirit in Christian life.
3. mention 5 roles of Holy Spirit in Christian life.