Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – YOU AND TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – CONCEPT OF TECHNOLOGY
1. Meaning of Technology
2. Benefits of Technology
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. say what is technology.
2. state the benefits of technology.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Drawing and pictures of technological products.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Teacher’s Activities 1 – Display charts of different technological products and asks pupils to identify each one of them.
Pupil’s respond –
4. Gas cooker or kerosene stove
7. Padlock, etc.
Teacher’s Activities 2 – Lets the pupils know that the above mentioned are called products of technology. Ask them to repeat after you – TECHNOLOGY, until they pronounce the word loud and clear.
Teacher’s Activities 3 – Asks pupils to state the uses of the product of technology mentioned.
1. Television, it is used for viewing and listening to programs.
2. Radio, it is used for listening to news and other programs.
3. Fan, it is used for cooling, etc.
MEANING OF TECHNOLOGY
Technology is the use of knowledge to create new devices or tools.
Technology has made people’s lives and work easier.
BENEFITS OF TECHNOLOGY as stated in activities 3.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart shows the products of technology.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state the benefits of each product of technology.
3. Discusses the meaning of technology.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain what technology means with illustrations.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what technology is.
2. mention 5 products of technology.
3. state 5 benefits of technology.