Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – How to Start The Computer (Primary 2)
TOPIC: START TAKEN TO START UP COMPUTER SYSTEM
Step Taken to Start Up Computer System
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
list step taken to start up a computer system.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Functional computers system
2. Different types of computer cables
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF PART OF COMPUTER – THE MONITOR, THE SYSTEM UNIT, THE KEYBOARD, THE MOUSE AND THE SPEAKERS
STEP TAKEN TO START UP COMPUTER SYSTEM – CONNECTING DIFFERENT PARTS OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS
In connecting different parts of computer systems, the following steps must be taken –
Step 1 –
Step 2 –
Step 3 –
Step 4 –
Step 5 –
STARTING THE COMPUTER
Step 6 –
Step 7 –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lets the pupils state the step taken to step up a computer system.
Pupil’s Activities – State the step taken to step up a computer system.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – uses of computer cables.
- Next Lesson – Revision and Examination
state the step taken to step up a computer system.