Last Updated on October 22, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Security Gadgets (Primary 1)
TOPIC – HOME SECURITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Home Security
3. Home Security Tips
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the term – home security.
2. list home security tips.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Home security devices.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart showing home security devices for pupils to identify and state their uses. Listen to the pupils and connect their knowledge to home security.
Home security is the precautions taken at home to ensure safety of our lives and properties.
HOME SECURITY TIPS
1. Look the doors and windows properly.
2. Check all doors and windows if they are properly locked.
3. Turn off all unused electrical appliances.
4. Keep valuable materials properly.
5. Know your neighbours very well.
6. Install burglary.
7. Install security cameras.
8. Inform your trusted neighbours if you are traveling.
9. Educate your children on security tips.
10. Stay safe always.
11. Call for help during emergency, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss home security tips with the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay attention to the uses of different security gadgets on their excursion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. ______________________ is the precautions taken at home to ensure safety of our lives and properties.
A. Home security
B. Security gadgets
C. Security tools
2. Why should we know our neighbours very well?
A. To know if they can be trusted.
B. To suspect them.
C. To know if they are thieve.
3. Why should we inform our neighbours if we are travelling?
A. To keep them away from our home.
B. To keep eyes on our home.
C. To allow strangers in our home.
4. It is very important to lock our doors and windows properly at night or when we are not at home.
C. I don’t know
5. We can put our valuable items anywhere.
C. I don’t know