Last Updated on October 24, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
NURSERY 1 – AGE 3
THEME – SONGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Songs – Bla Bla Black Sheep – My Father Has A Little Dog (Nursery 1 – Age 3)
TOPIC – RHYMES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Rhymes – The Use of Simple Words to Recite Rhymes
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
use simple words to recite rhymes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES – RHYMES
Teacher’s Activities – Use the simple words of a song or poem that easy for the children to recite.
Pupil’s Expected Response – Repeat after the teacher and recite.
A LION HAS TAIL AND A VERY TAIL
A lion has a tail and a very fine tail
And so has an elephant and so has a whale,
And so has a crocodile, and so has a quail-
They’ve all got tails but me.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses simple words to recite rhymes.
Pupil’s Activities – Repeat and recite rhymes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
listen, learn and sing songs.