THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Common Crop Plants Around Us – At Home and School (Primary 1)
TOPIC – PARTS OF FLOWERING PARTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Common Flowering Plants
3. Parts of Flowering Plants
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. Identify some flowering plants by their common names in English and local language.
2. Name parts of a flowering plant.
3. Draw or sketch a flowering.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Freshly up-rooted plant specimen e.g. water leaf, hibiscus, grass, etc.
2. Chart of well labeled flowering plant.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Takes pupils round the school compound to observe common flowering plants within the school compound.
NAMES OF COMMON FLOWERING PLANTS
2. Aloe Vera
4. Dumb Cain
5. Orchid, etc.
PARTS OF FLOWERING PLANT
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Helps the pupils identify some flowering plants and name their parts such as –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Takes pupils round the school compound.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe flowering plants around the school compound.
3. Helps them identify some flowering plants and name their parts.
Pupil’s Activities – Name some flowering plants and identify their parts.
Teacher’s/Activities – Draw a flowering plants.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Name 3 flowering plants,
2. Identify 4 parts of a flowering plant,
3. Draw a flowering plant.