COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Connecting Different Parts of Computer (Primary 4)
TOPIC: BOOTING THE COMPUTER SYSTEM
1. Meaning of Booting
2. Ways (Types) of Booting A Computer System
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. explain the term booting.
2. list ways of booting.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Computer system.
2. Power source
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note Computer Studies (Information Technology) Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Booting is the process of starting computer and loading the operating system.
The operating system is the program that makes all your software applications and hardware work together, so you can do the work you want to do.
WAYS OF BOOTING COMPUTER SYSTEM
There are two types of booting
1. Cold booting
2. Warm booting.
LESSON TWO – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As started in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays an already connected computer set.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different parts of connected computer systems.
3. Explains what booting is.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
4. Discusses ways of booting a computer system.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention three steps in booting a computer system.
2. state two ways of booting.