CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: THE GOODNESS OF GOD
PREVIOUS LESSON – OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND MAN
TOPIC – WHY GOD CREATED ALL THINGS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- State why God created all things.
- Explain why God created all things.
- Take care of things created by God.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of the sun giving light for the day and moon and stars for the night.
- Picture of a gardener working or shepherd caring for the flock.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
WHY GOD CREATED ALL THINGS – Genesis 1:28
28. “God blessed them and said to them, ‘Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.'”
God created all things –
- For His glory and honor.
- That we might serve Him and worship Him.
- To reproduce.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains why God created all things.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation.
- Explains how important each child is before God.
- Guides the pupil to know how to serve God and take care of the environment.
- Pupil’s Activities – Sing songs of worship.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Why God Created Man
- give two reasons why God created the sun and the moon.
- mention two reasons why God created them.