RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Solutions to Road Accidents (Primary 3)
TOPIC – FIRST AID
Meaning of First Aid and First Aider
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
explain the meaning of first aid and first aider.
Iodine, scissors, spirit, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
First Aid Box.
Chart or pictures
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Many lives are saved through first aid, given before the emergency services arrived.
MEANING OF FIRST AID
First aid is the immediate care and support give to someone who is injured or sicked.
WHO IS A FIRST AIDER
A first aider is the one who gave first aid to the injured and sicked person. A first aider is a qualified person.
A first aider is someone who is qualified to give first aid treatment in the event of an injury or illness.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. States the meaning of first aid and first aider.
Pupil’s Activities – State the meaning of first aid and first aider.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state what first aid is.
2. describe who is a first aider.