Meaning of Hospitality | How Christians could show Hospitality Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Jesus Teaching on Christians as the Light of the World | Importance of Christians as the Light of the World Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
TOPIC – HOSPITALITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Hospitality
3. How Christians could show Hospitality
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the term hospitality.
2. identify the need for being hospitable.
The pupils can demonstrate how to welcome visitors in their home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing showing people showing hospitality to other people.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display charts showing people welcoming people into their home and ask the people, how do you welcome people inside your house.
Pupil’s Activities – By greetings, given them drink and food, etc.
Teacher’s Activities – When you greeting, give a stranger drink and water, etc. you are showing them hospitality. Give a greet cheer for active participation. Ask pupils to describe hospitality. Listen and summary the lesson on the board.
MEANING OF HOSPITALITY
Hospitality is the act of being friendly and generous to other people.
1. Feeding the hungry.
2. Helping the poor.
3. Supporting other people.
4. Showing love and kindness to other people.
5. Doing all you can to help other people.
LESSON 2 – NEED FOR BEING HOSPITABLE
1. Romans 12 : 13 – Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
2. Hebrews 13 : 2 – Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
Hospitality is a Christians practice and teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ to show hospitality to other people because –
1. We are not perfect.
2. It is one of evidence that shown that we are the light of the world.
3. To glorified God.
4. It is evidence of our love for one another.
5. To save others.
6. To protect other people.
7. We are God’s stewards.
6. It is a command from God with blessings.
Guide pupils to demonstrate how to hospitality.
REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the term “Hospitality”.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
3. Leads the pupils to identify the need for being hospitable.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the need for being hospitable.
4. Explains why we should be kind and hospitable, e.g. God said so; Leviticus 25 : 35; Deuteronomy 15 : 11).
Pupil’s Activities – State why we should be kind and hospitable
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
Find out from your pastor, how Abraham and Sarah welcome Angels without knowing and the blessings received.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
People who Demonstrate Hospitality in the Bible – Abraham Welcome Angels disguised as Strangers Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
Ask pupils to:
1. explain “hospitality”.
2. enumerate two reasons for being hospitable.
3. recall two occasions when they have demonstrated hospitality.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. ________________ is the act of being friendly and generous to other people.
2. What does the Bible teaches about hospitality?
A. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need.
B. Share with the Lord’s people that are rich.
C. Share with the Lord’s people that are your family members only.
3. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to ________________.
A. angels with knowing it.
B. archangels without knowing it.
C. angels without knowing it.
4. Showing hospitality glorified ________________.
5. ________________ is evidence of our love for one another.
State 3 examples of hospitality.
Mention 2 reasons for showing hospitality.