PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC MOVEMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Movement of Our Body – Shooting, Heading, Bending and Stretching (Primary 2)
TOPIC – MOVEMENT OF OUR BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Movement of Our Body
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. demonstrate correct movement patterns of shooting, heading, bending and stretching.
2. perform basic movement such as shooting, heading, bending and stretching.
The pupils can walk, run and jump.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Playground, Balls, Talking drums, Radio, Television, Textbooks, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – MOVEMENT OF OUR BODY PARTS
Organize the pupils individually and in groups, guide them to perform the following:
LESSON 2 – CONTINUATION
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains and demonstrate the basic skills in match pass, jogging and galloping.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation.
3. Supervises and correct demonstration by pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe teachers demonstration.
4. Demonstrate skills involved in match pass, jogging and galloping.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice the basic skills taught.
5. Supervises the pupils and make corrections.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice match pass, jogging and galloping.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
perform the skill of match pass, jogging and galloping.