Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – DESIGNING PATTERNS OF BASIC of BASIC SHAPES/MAKING PATTERNS USING BASIC SHAPES – HOUSE
TOPIC – MAKING PATTERNS USING BASIC SHAPES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to make patterns using different shapes.
Basic Shapes – Circles, Triangles, Squares and Rectangles
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Diagrams of Basic shapes, Pencils, Colour Pencils, Eraser, Drawing books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Cultural and Creative Arts 2
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information – House Activities
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY THE SHAPES OR PATTERNS ON THE CHART
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – GUIDE THE PUPILS TO IDENTIFY EACH BASIC SHAPE THAT MADE UP OF THE PATTERNS IN ACTIVITIES 1
Car has one triangle, square, rectangle and two circles.
Christmas Tree has three triangle and a rectangle.
Aeroplane has three triangles, one rectangle five circles.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – GUIDE THE PUPILS TO CUT AND COLOUR THE FOLLOWING BASIC SHAPES
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 6 – GUIDE THE PUPILS TO MAKE PATTERNS WITH THE CUT BASIC SHAPES
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Asks the pupils to identify patterns make with basic basic.
- Pupils Activities – Identify patterns make with basic shapes.
- Leads the pupils to identify basic shapes that made up of the pattern.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify basic shapes that made up of the pattern.
- Guides and demonstrates how to cut and make patterns.
- Pupil’s Activities – Cut and make simple patterns using basic shapes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Paper Craft Making and Decoration
Pupils to produce a pattern using different shapes.