RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Examination
TOPIC – ROAD ACCIDENTS
Meaning of Road Accidents
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
explain road accident
Accidents on the road
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Resource persons such as road safety personnel
4. Pupils’ textbooks
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF ROAD ACCIDENTS
Pupil’s Activities – Describe. The incident on the chart
Pupil’s response – The little girl fall from the bicycle. Motor accident.
Note – The pupils might not recognise the first chart as road accident but quickly pick the second as road accidents.
Teacher’s remark – What incidents on the two charts are known as road accidents.
Teacher’s Activities – Did the little girl intent to fall or the motor intent to hit the other?
Pupil’s response – No.
MEANING OF ROAD ACCIDENTS
Accident is an unplanned or unexpected events which cause injury or damage of lives and property.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Creates activities that will introduce the lesson – road accident.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the. lesson activities.
3. Leads pupils to define road activities.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain road accidents.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
explain the meaning of road accident.