BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – THE HUMAN CIRCULATORY SYSTEM
- Lesson One – The Structure and Functions of the Heart
- Lesson Two – The Functions of the Blood Vessels
- Lesson Three – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
1. name some parts of the human heart and major blood vessels;
2. differentiate among arteries, veins and capillaries;
3. state some basic functions of the human heart and blood vessels;
4. describe in simple terms how food and materials are distributed to different parts of the body by, the blood.
The human heart is an organ that pumps blood throughout the body via the circulatory system, supplying oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and removing carbon dioxide and other wastes.
The concept of human circulatory system (The Heart) will enable to understand and appreciate the structure and functions of heart.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Model of the human heart
2. Mode of blood vessel
3. Chart/diagram showing blood circulation
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Lagos State Scheme of work
Basic Science and Technology
All Relevant Materials
Online Materials – The Human Circulatory System (Primary 6)
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – The Structure of the Heart docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – The Blood Vessels and Their Functions docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – REVISION AND TEST