SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC: Two Dimensional Shapes
- Lesson One – Two Dimensional Shapes I
- Lesson Two – Two Dimensional Shapes II
- Lesson Three – Square Corners in Two Dimensional Shapes
- Lesson Four – Corners in Other Two Dimensional Shapes
- Lesson Five – Revision, Quantitative and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Identify a square, a rectangle, a circle and a triangle.
- indicate which corner of a two dimensional shape is a square corner.
Shapes are plane and solid shapes. Plane shapes in mathematics are any closed, flat, 2-dimensional shapes. They include triangle, quadrilateral and polygon. Plane shapes are made of straight lines, curved lines, or both straight and curved lines.
In this lesson, the pupils will learn what plane shapes are and explore their different types and properties.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of cubes, match boxes, tins, paper cuttings and drawings of squares, rectangles, triangles, circles.
Plane and Solid shapes are all around us. These stop signs (all traffic signs are plane shapes), a sheet of paper, a paper plate, a stamp, etc. There are many kinds of plane Shapes.
In this lesson, we will focus on the following – triangles squares, rectangles, cube and cuboid.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 1 2 3
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES