BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
PRIMARY 5 (BASIC 5)
Attempt all the questions.
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. Which is not a quality of a good house?
[a] proper ventilation
[b] weak structure
[c] adequately spacious
2. ___________ means to be safe, freedom from danger or risk
3. ___________ is the way of using or handling things well to prevent them from getting Spoilt.
4. ___________ means pictorial representation of an object or things.
5. When a body is heated, its temperate ___________.
[c] remains the same
6. The form of energy that flows from one point to another is called ___________.
7. ___________ thermometer is used to measure relative humidity of the atmosphere.
[a] wet – dry thermometer
[b] wet – dry bulb thermometer
[c] wet – dry glass thermometer
8. Which of these is not a type of electricity?
[a] Statistics electricity
[b] Mercury electricity
[c] Current electricity
9. To convert 77º F to C ) the answer equal ___________.
[a] 28º F
[b] 29º F
[c] 25º F
10. There are ___________ temperature scales in use to day.
11. The process by which water turns into vapour is called ___________.
12. ___________ is a chemical substance which when dissolved in water, it produces hydroxoniumion (HO).
13. ___________ is the contamination of the environment by harmful substances caused by human activities.
14. ___________ is a diseases that can be caused by water pollution.
15. ___________ is the ability to do work.
Get more Exam Questions for Primary 1 – Primary 6 – Third Term Examination Primary Schools Basic Science and Technology Link
Attempt all questions in this section.
A. State 3 uses of metal.
B. List any 3 safety devices
A. Mention any 4 reasons why maintenance is needed.
B. What is drawing?
A. List any 3 importance of energy conversion that you know with examples.
B. Define clinical thermometer.
A. What is 35º C in Fahrenheit?
b. List three units of temperature with their symbols .
A. Define electricity.
B. Mention any three source of electricity you know.